Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Day of Firsts

After some thunderstorms last night and this morning, it turned out to be a nice, although cool and breezy, afternoon so we put on sweatshirts and went to the beach! Mary slept through her first trip to the beach (just like Catherine did) but Catherine thoroughly enjoyed herself like always.

This is really a picture of Mary - she is in the baby wrap under my sweater.


Mary's cord stump finished healing up yesterday so today she got her first real bath. It was rather cool in the house so she was not too excited about being naked at first, but by the end I think she was a bath-time fan.


It's great to have children still in the phase of thinking chores are fun. Catherine loves dusting and cleaning, and today she helped Grandma do dishes for the first time - she was quite pleased.



You can see how chilly it was today - the middle of August and we had Mary bundled up in a quilt and hat so she could sleep (it was about 65 and a bit windy).


Tomorrow we are taking the ferry over to Nantucket for the day - Mary's first time on a boat and first trip to the island (Catherine's second). I'm pretty sure Catherine, Grandma, and Grandpa are just going to wander around the harbor all day saying "Boat! Boat!" in a happy sailboat-induced stupor. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary look so content. I wish I could sleep as much as she does.

St. Thomas said...

We'll hire Catherine to do dishes at our house. I hate dishes. Tell her we'll pay her in cookies.