Mary had her nine-month checkup at the pediatrician today. She was very pleased to be able to walk around the office in her diaper for a while and smiled at everyone, even the nurse who gave her a shot (not while she was getting the shot, but about 10 seconds later, which is pretty good). Mary is 29 inches tall (the 95th percentile or so) and 18.2 pounds (around the 45th percentile). The doctor said it's normal for babies to slim down around this age, so no worries, and it explains why all her 12-month size pants are about the right length but fall off when she walks. She's also working on two or three teeth, which is making her want to chew on her fingers a lot, but is not motivating her to chew on any new foods. I guess plenty of people live on cheerios and yogurt.
Here are some videos of what Mary is up to.
I think Mary stands up about 12 hours a day. Here she is showing off how she can stand up without holding on.
Mary is picking up lots of new sounds. You'll notice it is quiet in the background - she only manages to be heard when Catherine is out of the house!
Mary is very pleased with her new-found ability to make kissing noises.
PS - Did anyone notice that I try to keep some of your favorite videos in the quick links list to the right so you don't have to sift through back posts to find them? I'm happy to take requests if there is something you want over there...
3 comments:
Those are the sweetest kisses I've ever heard.
Tell Mary to send me one of those sweet kisses. It is amazing how much she talks when Catherine is not there to take over for her. Thanks for putting the favorite videos on the side. We have watched the "It's my Whole Life" video over and over and over - still laugh the whole time.
Way to go, Mary! I'm also in the 95th/45th percentiles: 95 on height/weight, and 45 on IQ.
Post a Comment