Working and doing this.
Do you know what you were doing in 1998?
- Michael and I were juniors-going-on-seniors in high school. HIGH SCHOOL.
- Titanic was released, was the highest grossing film to that date, and won Best Picture.
- Google, Inc. was born.
- President Bill Clinton was impeached (and later acquited).
- More than 76 million viewers watched the last episode of Seinfeld (did you?).
And this Mountain Dew was canned.
Our neighbor (who shall remain nameless) was cleaning out his/her basement and found a few cases of Mountain Dew from a few years back. Actually at least ten years back, because the date stamped on the bottom of the cans is 1998.
Knowing Michael's love for Mountain Dew, our neighbor gave us a can, and being the loving wife that I am, I insisted Michael try it.
He looked a little skeptical.
But agreed to pop it open, in the name of science.
The pour was promising.
Still lots of fizz in it.
After the first taste...
His response was: "It's reasonably good."
So he drank the rest.
And he feels fine. Well, as fine as anyone feels after drinking any Mountain Dew.
So, in conclusion, if you ever come across a 10-year-old Mountain Dew and wonder if it is safe to drink, it is. Was there ever any doubt, really?
2 comments:
Perfectly aged with a robust flavor!
Michael read this and told me it was a really weird post. I'm sorry? This is what happens when I don't have stories about the kids.
Post a Comment