Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Baptismal Gown

Somehow, when Mary was baptized, I did not end up with a single good picture of her in her pretty white dress. I have a lovely engraved frame to commemorate her baptism, but I don't have any pictures to put in it. I'm not kidding - it currently holds a random picture of her from from that general time frame because I couldn't find a good one of her from the whole baptism day. I have no idea why I did not realize this in time to just put her back in the dress and take a few pictures. I think it's a little late now.

But it's not too late for Michael. I barely got my camera out last Sunday, what with trying to wrangle the girls through the whole church service, the brunch afterwards, and sending off the family visitors shortly thereafter. So today when Michael was in what appeared to be a pretty accommodating mood I slipped him back in his baptismal outfit and took a couple (hundred) pictures.

After a few rounds of deletions, I'm down to these.






(No, those last four were not the same picture.)




Dear Lord Baby Jesus...


Please let my mom stop taking pictures of me.

2 comments:

Great Grandma Rennier said...

He looks like a little angel. The smile in that first picture is priceless.

Steve said...

Very nice ... he seems to have a hint of Mary's "krinkly smile".