Well, if you're going to embark on a 6-hour plane ride with an 11-month-old, taking off at bedtime is an ok way to go about it. Michael Jr slept pretty much the entire flight, then woke up to look at things (and scream at Uncle Tommy) while we made our way from the airport to the hotel, then flopped on the hotel bed and fell back asleep. He made it all the way to 4am California time, which honestly is better than I expected.
We spent the 4 - 7am hours exploring everything the hotel room had to offer in the way of baby entertainment. The full length closet door mirrors were a big hit, as was the closet itself. After I picked up the little notepad and green pen to write a note, he sat on the bed and pretended to write on the paper for about 45 minutes. I would not have guessed that one.
As soon as the grocery store opened we strolled over for some breakfast. Leaving the hotel required no more than a long sleeve shirt and a light blanket on the stroller. This pleased me to no end. And Michael fell asleep on the way back to the hotel so I am enjoying some breakfast and he is hopefully going to take a good nap that will put him in a lovely mood for greeting everyone else coming in around lunch time.
I have not yet called home to see how Daddy and the girls are doing, but I'm just going to go with "they're doing great," because I'm sure they are.

No comments:
Post a Comment