And just like that, Gussie is mobile (and happy about it).
He's had the ability to crawl for at least a week or so, but it's just in the last couple days that it occurred to him that crawling can take him places, any place he desires, and gain him access to things heretofore out of reach.
Shiny things. Tiny things. Tasty things.
The number one thing on his "must chew" priority list is paper; cardboard will do in a pinch, but if paper is in sight, all else fades away. And he knows already that one place he can always find paper is the coffee table (he's been pulling himself up to standing at the coffee table for a while).
See this fun little predicament? He orchestrated this himself, just as I started to type this post.
I had moved all the books and paper to the other side of the table. I got up for a moment, and he climbed into Mary's little armchair, stood up in the seat, leaned over the arm, grabbed the edge of the table, and pulled his elbows onto it, then stretched his little fingers out...
Success!
Do you think my bank will excuse a late mortgage payment if I tell them my baby ate the payment book?
I pulled him down and put him back on the floor, and he immediately did it again. So he's a crawler and a climber. Bar the stairs!


2 comments:
That is precious.
That is precious.
Post a Comment