Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Bug Goggles and Soccer

Surprise! I'm way behind on blogging. Meh.

A couple weeks ago I took the kids to Forest Park with a bunch of other homeschooling families for a bug class. We learned a little about bugs and traipsed around in the heat with bug nets trying to catch things (we were mildly successful).


Then the kids decided the bug nets should be fishing nets. They were much less successful in the water. Their favorite part was wearing these bug goggles that give you an idea of how bugs see everything multiplied in many directions.


Catherine played three pre-season soccer games last week. It was unbearably hot but all the girls still wanted to play and they did great! Catherine still does a bit of circling the perimeter in the games, but she has a ton of fun and makes more efforts to be involved with each game.



And did I mention Gussie is a walker now? I'm sure I have pictures and maybe a video on my camera, but I haven't managed to get them from my camera to my computer yet. Still, he's pottering around in that fun new-walker-frankenstein-form and is quite proud of himself.

No comments: