Sunday, April 19, 2015

Edie Bug

I would have to write a post several pages long in order to properly catch you up on everything Edie is doing in the last few weeks. In short, we can say that the newborn stage is officially behind us.

She is very interested in the things around her. She can grab toys, hold toys, and chew on toys.

She discovered her toes and can grab her toes.

She can roll from her back to her tummy, but it still takes a great concentrated effort so she only does it when there is a toy off to the side that she wants to hold.

I don't know if she is officially teething, but she is gnawing on everything.

She talks non-stop. Squeals, raspberries, oohs and aahs, more squeals... she just keeps up a constant stream of noises.

She dominates tummy time, and has started the "rotating" precursor to crawling: very often when I put her down on her stomach, in a few minutes she has managed to spin around to be facing a different direction. I don't think it's on purpose yet, as it requires a large amount of rather frenetic motion and a series of determined faces to accomplish.




She *loves* watching the kids play. Whenever they are riding bikes on the sidewalk or when we go to the park, she kicks and squeals and laughs out loud every time a kid goes by. I sat her in the swing the last time we were at the playground and was surprised that, for all her new baby developments, she is still WAY too tiny for the baby swings at the park. I think her whole body could have slid out through one of the leg holes. So I just sat next to the swing and pushed her a few inches back and forth, which she loved.


Nom nom nom.


Since theses are all Edie pictures, here's a heart picture I didn't even know was on my camera, conceived and photographed by Catherine:


All of these new skills require a great amount of energy, and since the one thing that Edie has not outgrown at all is her inability to sleep alone, most of her naps look like this.


She's so intent on clutching everything that comes within her reach that she even fell asleep with her little fingers wrapped around my shirt collar. She is definitely a candidate for "cutest thing ever".

No comments: