After Mary got her ukulele for Christmas, Catherine was ready to pick up another instrument also. She worked on the guitar for a bit but the ones we have at the house are pretty big and she really wanted to practice and play with Mary, so we got out the extra ukulele of Daddy's. Catherine took to it right away and she and Mary were quickly playing together. But that is an old (and rather valuable) ukulele so Catherine couldn't haul it around with her everywhere like Mary could hers, which meant within a couple weeks we were heading out to pick up another inexpensive ukulele. Now there is no limit to their practice time, other than basic school duties. This is what most of their breaks from school look like (unless it's warm, then they're out on the porch).
Mary began writing her own songs as soon as she knew enough chords to piece one together. This video is her first original song, music and lyrics. My audio recording isn't that great and they are still learning to strum together, so I added the lyrics in CC so you can appreciate her songwriting.
I will admit that when I only had babies in the house, the idea of having kids this age was quite intimidating to me, but I was completely wrong. These girls are so much fun!

2 comments:
Wonderful! I can't get the CC to turn on even in YouTube tho...
I have an Uke, too! Maybe I can join in! I'm not very good but Dane and Bennett have guitars!
Post a Comment