Friday, September 21, 2018

Exploring Identities

Edie has been trying on a lot of different identities lately, some prompted by the play of her older siblings, and some of her own inspiration. This is Cowgirl Edie Bug.


And this is the face she gave me when I called her Edie Bug. "Mom. My name is not Edie Bug. You can only call me 'Cowgirl' now."


Ok, Cowgirl, thumbs up.


(She started giving us thumbs up and saying "thumbs up" to things she approves of sometime after VBS this summer. I'm pretty sure she learned it there.)

When she's not a cowgirl, she's often a super hero. Edie informed me that when she is wearing this outfit, her name is Teresia Benedicta Super Edie Bug Ninja Warrior Fighter Girl.


And this is the face she gives criminals (and all people who forget her proper name).


This is what she thinks super girl does. It is surprisingly similar to yoga, even though I'm pretty sure she has never seen yoga before.



Of course super girls also beat things with their swords, but when she is doing that I'm usually too busy trying to save the house and furniture and siblings to take any pictures.

Thumbs up.



This morning Edie found a leotard, put it on over her pjs with ballerinas on them, and told me she would be a ballerina today. Then she asked me what a ballerina does. When I told her a ballerina dances ballet, she said, "Oh, I don't do that. Actually ballerinas help you make breffast." And then she proved herself correct.


Thumbs up.

No comments: