Sunday, August 18, 2019

Agnes At 9 Months

This post is a huge mash of pictures from the weeks surrounding Agnes turning 9 months, because I'm trying to get caught up (again)!

In her eighth-to-ninth month, Agnes's activities got slightly less frenetic. She could crawl and pull up to standing at will, but spent a lot of time closely inspecting toys. Of course as soon as she catches me observing, she crawls over to give me a happy face slap greeting.



I love her concentrating face.


Her first two teeth on the bottom sprouted right at 8 months, then a couple weeks later the two middle ones on the top poked through. And she was ready for food in earnest. So far, there's not really anything she doesn't like. Plain yogurt, pickles, all fruits, any vegetable she can chew, whatever dinner we're having, and anything you're drinking - she wants it all. You would think this being my sixth try at this, I would know better than to think I can get a few minutes of contained-baby time by putting her in the high chair with some entertaining food. One, I always watch and take pictures instead of doing what I needed to do, and two, the cleanup takes longer than the eating fun so the net gain in time is negative anyway. Oh well. At least we all get a picture progression to make us laugh.








Different day, different food, same scenario.





I tried to get some nice, official looking 9 month photos of Agnes, but as soon as I put her in a cute jumper and set her down, she immediately speed-crawled away from the window with the beautiful light over to the DVD shelf so she could pull down all the DVDs. Her favorite activity is "taking out." Taking out DVDs from the shelf, taking out books from the shelf, taking out laundry from the basket, taking out everything from my diaper bag, taking out dishes from the dishwasher. So anyway, my photo shoot was her crawling away from me and a couple token pictures of her prize, the DVDs.




I'll just let Catherine keep taking all the pictures! These are hers:


By nine months and a couple weeks, Agnes was cruising all over the house.


And attempting to climb everything.


Gussie still refuses most pictures, but once in a while if Catherine has the camera he'll let himself be in a picture with Agnes.


We don't need official photo shoots when she's so cute just sitting around playing. The kids call this her "duck hair" when it does that little swoop at the top. (I promise there are four teeth in that mouth - for some reason it's really hard to get a picture of her teeth!)


Agnes is very keen to be involved in all the big kid games and gets really upset when they go outside or downstairs and she can't get to them. Clearly it's because they are so much fun. Gussie's antics always make her laugh.

No comments: