Friday, December 25, 2020

December 2020: Christmas Day & Family Photos

Christmas! I can't even title this post "Christmas in July" because it's actually about last Christmas and we're well into August as I write. But I'm still determined to catch up posts so there are at least some details of Agnes's early years that are rescued from my terrible memory.

Michael much prefers watching the kids open presents to opening his own.


Agnes loves opening her own presents, and everyone else's presents, and presents that aren't even supposed to be opened yet. Presents are her favorite.



I didn't take pictures of all the kids opening all the presents because I also enjoy just watching them, but this one needs a special recognition. Catherine crocheted that house boot for Mary. But she had only finished one of the pair as Christmas rolled around, and then decided it was even funnier to give Mary just one house boot, so that's what she did. She was right - it was funny.


Here's our annual Christmas feast camera-timer family photo! I love this one.


Cell phone stocking hat photo, and I have no idea why Michael is showing off (or hiding behind) his cow socks.


Michael and Catherine both received pajamas this Christmas. I think Daddy is jealous of Catherine's zip-up onsie.


In addition to opening other people's presents, Agnes also really enjoy stealing other people's presents. Catherine asked for this little backpack lunch bag to use for packing for tournaments, and Agnes immediately absconded with it because it was "just her size." She's also wearing a hat that Dema crocheted out of strips of plastic shopping bags. Covid hobbies.


Michael Jr really wanted some goggles to wear while riding the 4 wheeler at the farm. He looks amazing in them.


Aunt Ann and Uncle Greg gave all the kids this awesome saucer swing. Sometimes I go out back and Gussie and/or Edie are just lying in under blankets.


Speaking of blankets, this giant, fluffy, warm and fuzzy wearable blanket from Dema has a head hole big enough for two. 


A while back we took Grandma's Christmas card photos while Thomas, Jena, and Jo were visiting. Grandma wanted a nativity scene this year and I love everything about it.


Two shepherds, a sheep, an angel, Joseph and Mary, baby Jesus, and a wise man. And don't forget the donkey!

Here are a few closeups.





Merry Christmas 2020!

No comments: