Here's what's left in the April folder - mostly funny stories about Agnes.
Agnes came walking around the corner all covered in blue marker, with a baby doll to match. (Just FYI, those "dot" markers can cover a LOT of ground -- or skin -- in a very short amount of time.) I asked her why she covered herself and her baby in blue marker. "Because I wanted us to be blue superhero girls with blue power!" Makes sense.
Agnes goes through phases of preferring one sibling or another, but she is truly just so fond of all of them. I love it.
We had a lot of plant starts this spring and Agnes was instrumental in keeping them all hydrated.
The city came through and took down a bunch of the sidewalk trees in our neighborhood. They were all Ash trees and the preemptive culling of them is apparently an attempt to control the devastating Ash Borer. Tree climbers, chain saws, giant claw lifts, and a chipper mean our kids are getting a front row view even if they have to stand out in the chilly rain.
The girls discovered tying scarves to the slack line for makeshift swings.
Did I include this picture in the Easter post? I can't remember, but if I did, here's Catherine Easter Rabbit again.
One day Agnes and I were folding laundry in my room and this conversation happened:
Agnes: There's an angry FISH looking at me!
Me: Ummm... we're sitting in my room. There's no angry fish.
Agnes: Yes there is an ANGRY FISH. And he's LOOKING AT ME. Right up there! (points to the door.)
Me: What? It's just a window. There's no... oh... ooooooooooooooh.
Once you see it you can't unsee it.
Some time later she followed up with pointing out that the lower window in the door, which is the same deign but turned the other way, looks like a "king in a tall hat." And she's not wrong.
In other news, I'm pretty sure all the kids survived this episode, but I have not idea what the episode actually was. I just found this hunk of wood with this scratched into it with what I think was the charred end of a stick. In case you're having trouble with Edie's handwriting and spelling, it says, "We have no water and still less soap. We have no city but lots of hope." Really I have no context to add.











No comments:
Post a Comment