Saturday, September 29, 2007

Toys Are For Suckers


No big news to report in the last couple days - Catherine has spent all her time crawling around touching things she's not supposed to touch and biting things no one should bite. I picture-messaged a picture of Catherine to my mom on her phone the other day and she replied that she could see the "mischievous terrible-two's" look in Catherine's eyes already - she's really not far off. One of Catherine's favorite things to do right now is crawl over to the book shelves, empty the bottom one, then stand up and empty the second one, then sit down amidst her pile of conquered books and inspect them.



Unfortunately, she does not employ non-destructive testing techniques, so once she gets done with the emptying we have to direct her interest to some other endeavor. Basically we spend most of the day redirecting Catherine's interest.



Yesterday for lunch Catherine was eating mushy apricots with other mixed fruit, and I don't know if it was kind of tangy or more sweet than what she was eating before, but she started making a fun pucker face that I thought you would enjoy:



And after watching Catherine play mostly with teaspoons, tupperware, pan lids, bowls, calculators, phones, and paper for the last few days, Michael and I agree: toys are for suckers.

1 comment:

St. Thomas said...

There's nothing better than when she waves the hand she is not using in the air.