Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Week in Review


I'm sorry we've been off the air for so long here - I didn't even realize it had been this many days between posts! Unfortunately I can't even make up for it by overloading you with pictures and videos because Grandma did most of the picture-taking this past week and I forgot to have her put everything on my computer before they left. However there is much to tell. Catherine has made a career out of standing up these last few days, and more often than not she can do it without bonking her head on something now. I have seen her stand up using a chair, the leg of a table, my computer bag, her new walker toy, the bookshelves, her changing table and the piano, and she would have made it using the pot of a plant but I stopped her - I know it will probably happen eventually but I'm not ready to add dirt to her diet just yet. She also just now managed to sit back down for the first time. This is very good news because once she figures out how to fall down properly it means I won't have to run and sit behind her every time she stands up so I can be there when she falls over (backwards or forwards) like a felled tree. We also had to move the mattress of Catherine's crib down to the lowest position so she can't climb out over the rail - she greets me each morning now standing at the end of the crib babbling at her door.



jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbn h4gh x`sdcfd {pqp{]\
Catherine wrote that paragraph for you - interpret it how you wish.

Catherine had her 8-month birthday a few days ago, and she celebrated by cutting her third tooth! Now she has two on the bottom and one on the top, and I think the other top front tooth will be popping through fairly soon as well. Every time Michael notices her top tooth he can't help but comment how huge it is. However I don't think Catherine is going to be a giant-toothed-mutant; look at your teeth some time - neither of us ever noticed how much bigger the top front teeth are than the bottom ones.



Although Catherine is sticking to her "stranger anxiety" tendencies, I don't think Grandma and Grandpa fall into that category anymore (finally). It only took a few minutes after they came in for her to settle into playing, and at various times throughout the weekend she was happy to let them each hold, carry, feed and entertain her.

A little video to brighten your day:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite video! I think I'd rather listen to her cute little laugh than background music!

Great Grandma Rennier said...

You are so right, Heather. I love to hear her laugh. There are a lot of adorable videos of her, but I think this one is my favorite, also.