Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Ok, I will warn you that none of these pictures is stellar, but it's the best we could do today and at least you get to see Catherine's adorable new dress. She really was never in the mood to do anything cuter than walk around.





Here is a video of Catherine helping me measure out coconut to toast for the top of a dessert. She loves helping to get food out. She picks out her own chicken nuggets and puts them on the pan, arranges french fries for Daddy, and she had a great time with this coconut. I figure as long as we only use the food that makes it to the pan and I don't let her step on it, no one can complain about us working on the floor.



And now I've told you everything happy or fun that's happened during the past week. The rest of this post is going to be about vomit, so if that does not interest you, you may consider this the end and know that you have missed nothing good by not reading on.

It is now Michael's turn with the stomach bug. He wasn't feeling too great when he got up at 5:45 this morning to get ready for the Easter sunrise service, but we naturally attributed that to the fact that he was up at 5:45 this morning. By all accounts the sunrise service was enjoyable but cold (I couldn't tell you for sure - Catherine and I were warm and cozy in bed) but Michael wasn't feeling any better after being up a few hours. He kept it together and delivered a lovely Easter service at church, but by the end he was pretty much done for and has basically been in bed since. So we cancelled our lunch plans and just Catherine and I went to a fabulous dinner at Nick and Athena's (their home, not the previously mentioned diner). Catherine had not thrown up since the middle of the night Friday and acted perfectly normal all day Saturday. So by this morning we were more than 24 hours since any symptoms of sickness and I thought she was really on the way to being better. I tried to keep her eating to very small portions at a time, same as Saturday, which pretty much infuriated her - she's been rather crabby about it. I guess I should have realized something was up when we were at dinner tonight and she was happy to just sit in my lap at the table rather than trying to devour everything on my plate. But she played with everyone and chased the dog around like normal, and didn't even have a melt down when we were out past her bed time. Then right after we got home I picked her up after changing her into her pajamas and she threw up pretty much everything she ate today. So I guess we're back to square one. I'm not really sure what to do with her - she has no fever and only the slightest runny nose and acts pretty normal throughout the day, playing and clearly wanting to eat. She just has to throw up once a day, and that doesn't seem to bother her either. Very strange.
I guess we can only hope that this week will be better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so lovely in her Easter dress. I hope everyone gets to feeling better.

KAR said...

I love the little curls that she has. She's going to be a baker like her Mommy!