It's been raining off and on here the last couple days, but it's a little warmer (consistently in the 40s) so we've been getting outside on lots of short little walks around the yard and neighborhood. Catherine loves this. She will very often bring her shoes and coat to us and just stand there holding them out with sad expectant eyes. I think if we put a tent on the porch she would live out there, although she would have to share the space with the squirrels that keep busting through our screens.





Catherine got another box in the mail the other day, this one from Grandma and filled with dresses, on hangars! She loves carrying her clothes around on the hangars (it takes us about an hour to put away a basket of her clothes). After she took all the outfits out of the box she picked up the two big dresses and walked away to her room with them.

This morning for the first time in her life Catherine did not want to get out of her crib when she woke up. She did her normal whining upon waking so I went in to get her, but she wouldn't let me pick her up. Instead she kept turning her lights and sounds aquarium on and off and dancing around in her crib. Whenever I tried to leave the room she got upset, but she didn't want to come out for about half an hour, and then I think she realized it was breakfast time. Maybe if she'll start liking to play in there eventually she'll just entertain herself when she wakes up instead of waking me up right away (wishful thinking, I know, but one can hope).
1 comment:
She's such a smart cookie!
Post a Comment