Not because the rain stopped (although that was nice) or for the three-day-weekend (sooooo nice) but because Mary is finally deciding to join our camp, and believe that more fun can be had if she walks on her own. Yup, you read right - after taking her first steps nearly two months ago, she has now decided that she has mastered this skill enough to step out on her own.
You can see she had a few mishaps out in the yard, but she doesn't get so angry now when she sits or falls down, even though she still has to crawl over to something she can hold on to in order to get back up.
I feel pretty confident in saying the walking isn't a one-time-event, as she continued to do it the whole time we played outside this evening, and more in the house as we were getting ready for bed.
While we were outside, I found the macro setting on my camera. Now I get to show you the plump, but still green, blueberries in the front yard.
All the rain has made them nice and big, but with no sun, they're no where near ripe. This is probably the only evidence you will ever see of our fruitful bush because as soon as the berries show the slightest hint of a purple blush the birds will run away with them all.
And this is a pretty red flower in our yard. Pretty things make me smile.
Now back to the things you like - kid pictures and videos. The last thing Mary did while we were playing outside is decide she should also be able to climb into the car by herself because waiting for me to help her is too tiresome. Apparently I move rather slowly (sorry about the blurriness in the beginning - I couldn't get it to refocus).
I need to show you this picture of Mary, because I know some of you don't really believe my claim that she has a rather short temper about some things. Yes, we still call her Merry Mary and it fits her well. However, she is not afraid to tell you plainly when she disagrees with your plan for any given moment.
Here, she was trying to eat a weed from the yard. I gave her several chances by removing the weed from her mouth and telling her that she could not eat it, but she just grinned at me and tried to take a big bite. So I took it away.
She gave me this face, mingled with screams, yells, flailing arms, and tears, for at least five minutes. Then she saw a bird, or a cat, or something, and decided I could still be part of her life.
This picture completely escaped me the last post, but providence smiled on you and I noticed it today. Catherine in her party hat and dancing skirt.
And finally, I'll leave you with a song from Catherine. Don't worry about your hearing if you can't make out the words -they are all made up.
2 comments:
Awesome!
Amber just lay a net over your blueberry bushes and the berries will all be yours. You can get one at that nursery down the street I'm sure. Now's the time to do it before they blush.
Post a Comment