Monday, December 21, 2009

A Friendly Little Blizzard

Well, aside from our little snowstorm annihilating Michael's strict "no cancellation" policy when it comes to church, we're not really much worse for wear here. We're probably not going anywhere today, and Michael and Brian probably both have sore backs from shoveling, and Kristin and Brian may or may not run into some trouble with their flight home tomorrow, but you know, mostly we're all just fine and dandy for a couple feet of snow!

I did let Catherine talk me into taking them outside for about 12 minutes yesterday afternoon while Daddy was digging out the cars before they turned into frozen car ice sculptures, but the sun was going down, the wind was blowing, and it was darn cold, so I don't have much in the way of stories or pictures.

The unshoveled and undrifted snow was up to about their waists.


I think if we plopped Mary down in the yard her head would go under.

This pile is over Catherine's head.


This morning broke clear and sunny, but it's still windy and in the 20s, so I don't know if we'll get out or not. Here are the few pictures I could get without getting frostbite.

The kids' outdoor toys:


Snow and icicles hanging off the back of the house:



The view out the front window. If you look closely next to the pine tree on the left, you can see the mailbox is about a foot above the snow.

1 comment:

TJ said...

That's a pretty big smile on May-may's face for someone standing in snow up to her waist.