Thursday, December 30, 2010

Outdoor Fun

At some point during the past year Michael lost a bet with his cousin Dane (something to do with football). When Dane and family came up to have Christmas with us, they collected on the bet: Michael had to go geocaching. First they had to get him suited up.

Special t-shirt:



Lanyard:



And finally, the GPS.



They selected a cache in the park in the backyard and returned a while later with a couple princess stickers for the girls. I guess it was a success!

Grandma had awesome snowsuits waiting for the girls when we arrived and Catherine made sure to get plenty of use out of them before the snow melted. She LOVES sledding. They started out on the little hill in the backyard.





Mary was content to stay nice and warm inside until she heard that Aunt Jena and Uncle Tommy were taking Catherine to the park. She couldn't miss that! I really was content to stay nice and warm inside so I don't have any pictures of the park, but I heard that Catherine went down the giant hill (she called it a mountain) six times and Mary went down three times. I'm a bit surprised Mary went down at all - it is a rather big and fast hill - she must have had a lot of faith in Aunt Jena!

No comments: