Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Post is About Boogers

If this picture grosses you out, you've probably never had kids.



Kids get sick a lot. And sick kids come with boogers. And if you're thinking "why don't you just wipe his nose once in a while?" you've probably never had kids. Because it only takes about two times for them to learn what it means when you come at them with a cloth or tissue, and they protest. Loudly. Emphatically. Plus their little noses get red. Redder.

Although I think for the most part kids are better at being sick than adults. We like to be miserable whenever we're sick, but unless a kid is truly feeling awful, he's likely to be perfectly happy with a stream of boogers running down his face, into his mouth, and drying on his nose and in his hair.



I'm already feeling bad about writing a post about boogers. But, you know, honest reporting and all that.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I don't know which is worse - Michael's boogers or your dad's coughing.

Steve said...

I admire your journalistic courage