When Michael asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, I said I wanted to eat food that I didn't cook. I also wanted not to have to worry about what Michael Jr was eating and not to have to tell the girls certain things on the menu were off limits because it wouldn't be fair (we had a few diet exceptions in the last couple weeks and it was taking a toll on Michael Jr). Michael accomplished all that and more by ordering in delicious BBQ meat from The Shaved Duck and asking all our family to join us. So not only did I not have to cook, but I didn't have to get in the car, and the food was delicious, and the company was fabulous. And there were leftovers!
Many thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for taking care of all the food (and the special dessert for the kids!), and to everyone for driving down, and for the unexpected gifts.
I spend my days being constantly delighted, surprised, elevated, and inspired by my children and husband. When getting older is really just those beautiful days piling on top of each other, it's hard to complain about it.
Although perhaps I could do with a few less crazy eye wrinkles.

No comments:
Post a Comment