Sunday, March 31, 2013

Egg Pick-Up

This morning we attended the first ever Easter egg hunt at church, organized by Daddy. 


The kids might think he put it together just for them, but if that's the case, about a hundred other local kids reaped the benefits as well.

 
That looks like a lot of eggs (and that's not even the whole field), but in a matter of about two minutes, that field will be a desolate egg wasteland.

The kids were champing at the bit, ready to break down the starting line...


But they managed to hold back until the whistle blew. Daddy almost got caught in the stampede.


Mary Red Riding Hood was in the first wave and managed to fill her basket pretty well. She pointed out on the way home that it wasn't really an egg hunt so much as an egg pick-up.


And that is the last picture I have of the egg pick-up, because at that point I noticed Michael Jr had forgotten about the picking up part and was just running with the kids, so I reminded him about the eggs and by the time he had picked up three (which took about 15 seconds), the field was clear. Catherine was in the second wave of older kids and I never even saw her, but she did find some eggs (and we pooled them all afterwards anyway).

Bonus: no one was scared of the Easter bunny (I'm not sure what Michael is pouting about, but it wasn't the six foot tall highschooler in a bunny suit).


Then we went home and had lunch and Daddy tried to watch a basketball game before having to go to a party for our neighbor's first birthday and then back to church at 8pm for the Vigil Mass. The kids like to help him get the most out of TV watching / resting time.


No comments: