Then last Sunday (a week ago) Catherine threw up at church and was sick the rest of the day. She was fine by Monday morning and no one else got sick Monday or Tuesday so I thought maybe we were going to avoid it running through the whole family.
Ha. I know. I'm so naive.
Michael Jr threw up all night Tuesday and was fine by late Wednesday afternoon, at which point Mary and I both went down at about the same time. Gussie had it for a few hours overnight Wednesday and we were all on the upswing by Thursday morning. Daddy was fine all this time, and fine all day Thursday, so we thought maybe he would sneak by untouched.
Ha. I know. We are so naive.
He woke up with it Friday morning and we saw nothing of him until Saturday morning. But now I think we're all through it; I really do contribute the fact that we almost never have an illness last more than 12 hours largely to our diet, and hopefully that means we'll all be good for the next couple weeks of Christmas celebrations.
We also have transportation again! The Windstar was beyond fixing (warped/cracked head gasket i.e. needs a new engine) so St. Vincent de Paul towed it away last weekend; it served us well and hopefully its final act will do someone else a bit of good also. Some friends were selling their 2004 Honda Odyssey for a good price, so we snatched it up and are now mobile once more. We were going to wait until after the new year, but the Camry is having problems of its own and we figured being entirely carless was going to be very inconvenient.
And now just a few catch-up pictures from the last couple weeks.
This kid? He is not a baby anymore. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's going to be escaping toddlerhood long before I'm ready. His only words are still Mama, bye-bye, Dada, and please, but he has a million ideas and just as many ways to make you understand what he wants you to do. He has no problem participating in the oft complex make-believe games his siblings create. He loves music and wrestling, and is very good at antagonizing his chosen target until they agree to engage. He's also a big fan of food.
This is totally random, but the other day is started to snow from one half of the sky while the other half was bright sunshine. We liked it.
The girls are in hardcore Christmas crafting mode. Yesterday Mary was rifling through the craft supplies in the basement and came screaming up the stairs with a large handful of randomness yelling that she had the *best* idea for a Christmas present for Catherine. She sat down at the table and an hour later came in with this: a pipe cleaner wreath crown with feathers and a line of jingle bells in the front.
She was SO pleased with the result, but she made the mistake of trying it on and looking in the mirror. She loved it so much that she decided it would not be (and never was) a gift for Catherine, but something she simply made for herself. I asked her where she got the idea for it and she told me, "I saw one in a science book." Before you think we might need to evaluate the books we're using for homeschool, it turns out that was she saw was a picture of a Native American headdress with feathers, and then she admitted that the jingle bells were just her own special decoration.
So... who wants a jingle bell feather crown for Christmas?



No comments:
Post a Comment