Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Babywearing Gallery

Edie is 16 months old now, but it is still rare that a day goes by without me wearing her at some point. I don't normally have a lot of pictures of us because, well, we're on the other side of the camera. And even when I do have pictures, I generally just share them with a small group of babywearing enthusiasts who actually care about looking at baby wraps a lot.

But for some reason I managed to get a collection of pictures of Edie being wrapped up and adorable over the last couple weeks, so here they are. Anytime anyone asks how I survive working, homeschooling, and cooking with five kids, this is part of the answer: Wrap Naps. Because I seriously do not have the time or patience to spend 45 minutes getting a baby or toddler down for a nap in a crib, especialy if there is any chance they are going to wake up in less time than it took me to get them down. It is just easier on my brain to wrap them up and go on with the day. Plus now I have the strongest shoulders ever.

And every time I walk by a mirror, I see sleepy baby lips.


Wrap nap commences in 3... 2... 1...


Out.


Different day, same result.


Back nap smooshie face.



Oh, and the little hand that slips down after she falls asleep. I love that little hand.


Of course, Edie isn't *always* sleeping when I carry her. Sometimes she rubs my nose.


Or just hangs out (notice the lack of hitting siblings, spilling anything, swiping anything off a table, coloring on anything or anyone, eating anything not food, climbing up or falling down anything, or escaping out any doors).


Ok, sometimes she grabs my face, but it isn't the worst thing.


It's usually snuggling. (And stone dinosaurs?)


And recently, kisses on the nose.


So yes, I will happily carry her for 16 more years. I mean months.

No comments: