I have at least half a dozen recent events that need blogging, and hopefully they start showing up here as I sort through the pictures. I know Mary will be looking for it, so I finished her First Communion pictures first!
Mary has been taking a class for the past school year in preparation, learning lots of specifics about what the Church teaches and believes. Since the kids are generally 7 or 8 when they first start taking communion, they are old enough to make their own decisions about if and how they will receive the sacrament, so we do our best to make sure they know just what the Eucharist is so that they are making an informed choice about participating. I've helped to teach the class at church the years that Catherine and Mary were in them, and while I know for sure that I have no interest in being a full time teacher of eighteen 2nd graders, it was really fun to be involved with the kids and help them prepare.
Church was very much packed and I didn't get my camera out during Mass, but the kids did great and everything went perfectly! We did take some pictures afterwards.
The whole class and teachers! I have no idea how my little friend L. in there sneaked behind the girl in the front row - I checked very carefully before clicking to make sure everyone was visible! Knowing him and pictures, he did it on purpose. But it was a nice try!
Maybe we should switch the girls to a dress that has at least as much lace as Daddy's surplice.
And the whole family. Three not looking at the camera and two making somewhat strange faces... again, nice try. :)
Grandma and Grandpa and Gigi and Papa made the trip down for church, but somehow I only have a picture of Gigi. (Are you sensing the "nice try" theme here? I don't know where my brain is lately.)
Mary wore the same dress that Catherine wore for her 1st Communion. (It turns out the dress Catherine chose is both beautiful and perfect for handing down, as it has a lace-up piece in the back that helps it to fit many sizes!) It might have been a little long, but with shoes was *exactly* floor length, which Mary loved.
Hi Mary! You look beautiful. And old. How are you so old?
Two amazing sisters.
Did anyone notice that my not oldest daughter is almost eight? This is all flying by quite in a rush.
We had lots more friends and family over for a dinner celebration that evening, but it didn't even occur to me to locate my camera during the entirety of Mary's Mexican Feast, so... no pictures of that but Mary had a wonderful time and enjoyed everyone's company. Thank you all for helping us celebrate!








1 comment:
Love the pictures. Those are two beautiful girls in that picture and I am not talking about just physical beauty. They are shining.
Post a Comment