Friday, May 13, 2016

Ballet and Theatre

Catherine and Mary both participated in the end-of-the-year performances for their ballet and musical theatre classes. Musical theatre performed "Cinderella" and they both had chorus parts; Mary was a village child, a mouse, and a maiden at the ball and Catherine was a village mom and a maiden at the ball. They had so much fun in musical theatre this year that they are signed up for a musical theatre camp this summer. After this performance, Catherine told me all she wants to do for the rest of her life is sing in musicals, and when she gets too old to perform, she'll be a director.

I wish I had better pictures, but you get the idea.

Here they are at the beginning of the ball scene.



And making their curtsies to the prince.



And Mary as a mouse.


We have a DVD of the whole show and if you ever want to watch it, I guarantee both girls will be happy to show you.



Not long after that they had their ballet recital. I do have a whole video of that because it is only a few minutes long.




Since I know most of you won't watch a three and a half minute video, here are a couple pictures as well.

Getting ready.


They were of course on opposite side of the stage the entire time, but I managed to get a couple of each.



I forgot to ask Catherine what this is called before typing this. I called it a "leap" and I remember she told me that is incorrect, but I don't remember what it really is. Either way, she got really high!



And Mary's "not leap".




I'm glad they've been able to do these types of classes at the co-op. Since the very idea of being on a stage makes me want to throw up and crawl under a bed, I don't think I'd really excel as their teacher in these areas. But it really is fun when your kids are not exactly like you; I'm glad I didn't accidentally train them into stage fright before I knew it was something they would actually enjoy!

No comments: