The new primate walk opened at the zoo recently, and we realized that with everything being shut down for so long Agnes had not been to the zoo since she was old enough to enjoy the animals. Michael came home early for a nice afternoon and we headed out to a belated introduction to all the animals for Agnes. Masks were still required for the indoor exhibits so we skipped the penguins and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
There are some climbing structures at the beginning of the primate canopy. I assume at least a few of the kids are in this picture but I can't tell for sure.
Agnes wanted to be on top of every fence so she could see better.
She liked watching the lion relaxing in the sun, and really enjoyed watching the zebras.
I always feel a little bad watching the hippos swim in circles but it's a favorite of the kids.
These butterfly wings and dress are the costume for her upcoming ballet recital. She wanted to wear them to the zoo, but wings and puffy skirts don't mix well with car seat buckles so I stuffed them in my bag for her when we left. About halfway through the zoo she remembered them, promptly put them on, and danced her way through the remainder of our zoo walk.
I don't know if anyone else noticed her, but it made my day.












No comments:
Post a Comment