Thursday, December 30, 2021

December 2021: The Final Wrap-Up

 It's August 2022 as I type, and I'm putting together the final odds n' ends post of the 2021 year... only seven more months of blogging catch-up to the present!

Here are a couple more pictures of Gussie's indoor soccer session. We decided at the end that it really wasn't enough instruction or playing time to be worth the cost and drive so he's not going to do it again, but he did have fun. And he's a very fun soccer player to watch because he Never. Stops. Moving. He runs the whole game.




Agnes built this Duplo tower and was very proud of it. Pig tails. Princess dress. Goofy smile. I love having her around.


Lest anyone ever accuse me of whitewashing our life on the blog, here are some pictures I found on my camera after I left it sitting out on the kitchen counter. (Shhh... never tell the kids I do that on purpose.) Agnes is helping me make what looks like fried chicken strips for dinner. It's dark (both outside and in - that set of lights was the only set out of three in the kitchen that were working at the time). The kitchen is a total disaster. Agnes is a total disaster. And I'm pretty sure people are just standing around in the kitchen eating the food as it comes out of the fry oil, which means it was probably way past an appropriate dinner time and they're all starving. 





And in the midst of that household chaos (or I guess on top of it since she lives in the attic), Mary potters around creating adorable little things like this needle felted bear with a mushroom hat and a little froggie friend. 


Speaking of talents, look closely and you'll see Michael Jr riding his bike all the way down this narrow curb at the playground. He didn't even have to practice. I truly want him to be happy in his life, but if he decides that the best path for doing that is being one of those bike riders who straps a camera to his helmet and rides a 6-inch wide ledge all the way down a mountain, I won't be able to watch.


A video of the curb ride, for posterity:


And a video of the boys climbing a stone wall at the park on another (or the same?) lovely day.


What is Agnes thinking in this selfie with Mary???


I think at least three of our 12 Days of Christmas activities this year were Christmas movies. The kids just wanted to watch aaaaaaalllllllll the Christmas movies. They had hot chocolate for this one and I flipped our couch around and brought up the origami couch from the basement so everyone had a seat. It's like theater seating! So fancy.


I don't even know what's happening here. But this is how I'm closing 2021. Happy New Year!

No comments: