
I had to buy Catherine some new pajamas today because she is too tall for all her footie pajamas and her sleep sacks and it has been too cold here at night for her to sleep in just a onesie. This hat came with one of the pajamas and she surprisingly did not rip it off the second after I put it on her.
Catherine did a very good job entertaining herself today. She bounced around in her jumper for a long time and explored the house in her walker for almost a full hour in one stretch. She can get moving pretty quickly, and even though she has figured out that she can't go through a lot of things she still tests it every time. So I'm sitting at my desk and I hear zooooommmm...bump...zooooommm...bump...bump...
zoooommm...bump as Catherine bounces from one piece of furniture to the next. She also enjoys picking up the cardboard boxes sitting on the floor in the kitchen (the designated spot for recyclables to collect) and moving them to different spots around the house. At one point today I hadn't heard any wheels or bumps for a few minutes so I went looking and found Catherine intently inspecting the laundry hamper in our bedroom, moving the lid up as far as she could (which was a couple inches) and dropping it down again. She was very focused on this activity - she jumped when I asked her what she was doing from the doorway. Here's a little sample of her walkering skills since we haven't had a walker video in a while:
Catherine also spent a long while today trying to touch the piano pedals. Whether she is in her walker, walking with help, or on the floor or bed, it seems that she always picks out something she can see and then figures out a way to get to it and touch it, then she picks out something else and gets to it and touches it, then moves on. Being on the floor when she got the piano pedals in her sights, Catherine made some initial crawling attempts but that mostly sent her backwards. Then she started pulling her knees up under her and flopping back down on her belly repeatedly, which did result in the desired forward motion, although it took about 20 minutes to move the 3 or 4 feet necessary. I think if I could have videoed the whole process and sped it up, it would resemble "the worm" (think 80s breakdancing?). Here's a little snippet of her crawling attempts:
3 comments:
She's almost up on those knees. Any day now she'll be scootering (sp?) all over the place, and then walking soon thereafter. Renniers walk early, so be ready!
I love how she keeps her arms out to the sides when she's in the walker. Gotta keep that balance going. She is the cutest little girl EVER.
Hey, great auntie heather, I love your thinking - she is just the cutest little girl EVER!!
Post a Comment