. . . . . . . . . . . . .
All set? Ok, a toast:
To fathers who read to their children.

To fathers who know they are setting a standard for their sons' future views of how men should treat women, and their daughters' future views of how they should be treated.

To fathers who let their children know when they are proud of them.
To fathers who have taken the time to learn how and when to discipline their children (sorry, I don't really have a picture for this, but here's a nice one of a very stylish father-daughter).

To fathers who do the dishes (I don't have a picture of this either, but I love this one from a recent trip).

To fathers who share their love of life with their children.

To fathers who make their children feel safe.

To fathers who let their children help even when it makes the task longer and more complicated.

To fathers who fill their homes with music.

To the fathers of those fathers who taught them everything they know.

And to the fathers of those daughters who were given an excellent standard from the beginning.

To fathers who know their presence is needed from day one.

And to chubby baby legs.

Happy Father's Day!
ps: Michael, I told Catherine when I was getting her ready for bed tonight that we are going to see you in two days and she almost cried when she started thinking about you. We miss you!
3 comments:
How beautiful! And how true.
Very nice tribute...and a great picture to end with...a Cardinal and chubby legs.
that was my favorite father's day post. awesome, amber! (this is stephanie from oru... my blog is www.stephlloyd.com... my blogger account is linked to my business. just wanted to let you know that i'm not trying to advertise or anything, i just wanted to leave you a comment!)
Post a Comment