Thursday, June 11, 2009

Made It To Indy


We were the closest I have ever been to missing a flight yesterday morning - we were definitely the last people on the plane before they closed the doors, and I must apologize to everyone on the flight for having to wait while I herded Catherine down to row 24 and situated a car seat and two children. To my knowledge, no one missed a connecting flight because of it.

Both girls slept most of the drive to Boston so for our two-hour flight to Chicago they made their best effort at bouncing off the walls while strapped into seats. Hooray. We were much closer to on-time for our connecting flight to Indianapolis and had an uneventful 29-minute flight. After I managed to tear Catherine away from the flight attendant phone she discovered was just her height. Minor melt-down, evacuated our little area of extra passengers. No problem.


Cousin Christopher seems rather intrigued by the band of girls that infiltrated his space, Mary seems rather intrigued by the cat in this new space, and Catherine is just running around like normal. She also is very interested in snuggling with Christopher and making sure he has an acceptable toy. I think she might think Christopher is hers.



We were treated last night to a very loud and very active thunderstorm the likes of which I haven't seen since we left Tulsa. Even though it was about 4am and the house was shaking from the thunder and it might as well have been 4pm for the brightness of things, not a baby in the house stirred. It's the little things in life.




Everything is still wet outside and there's more rain in the area, but hopefully we will get out on a walk before Catherine wears a track in the floor where she has been running circles all morning. Right now she is dancing around while cleaning the house with a shirt, "like Cindarella."

So none of the pictures in this post are anywhere that makes any sense because I'm on a iBook and it's the worst and moving the pictures around just got too annoying.

No comments: