Ta-Da! We're back. Sorry it's been a few days since posting - we've had a very busy weekend and beginning of the week.
Saturday we went to a wedding for a couple at church. Catherine immediately decided she and Mary had to wear their "Easter egg dresses," which does not mean dresses with Easter eggs on them, but dresses that they wore when they ran around finding Easter eggs. I'm not exactly sure how Catherine squeezed into hers, but she seemed pleased none the less.
Sunday and Monday were spent preparing for our Thanksgiving Warm-Up Feast, which we had Monday night, I think with about 18 people. Here are Catherine and Mary helping me spread out the bread on a pan so it could dry out for stuffing. If you can't tell, it probably took a bit longer than necessary.
I don't have any pictures of the actual dinner (I was just a tiny bit busy with getting dinner on the table and getting the kids, who were falling asleep in chairs, to bed at the same time) but it all came out pretty well I think. This afternoon we have Thanksgiving again at Nick and Athena's... hooray for multiple turkey dinners!
Of course, Monday we also had the great fun of welcoming Aunt Kristin, Uncle Brian, and cousin Christopher. Kristin seems to have picked up a cold during all that traveling, but everyone is settling in well. Catherine is quite pleased with the arrangement - she has already chosen a couple times to stay home with Aunt Kristin rather than go out on a walk with me and Mary. I think she's studying Kristin, preparing to challenge her to a dual: winner gets the permanent job as Christopher's mother.
Mary is a tiny bit more skeptical of little Christopher, who likes to grab onto her shopping cart as she runs by, run into her while pushing his walker, and *gasp* play with her farm puzzle. However I think she'll be over it soon enough - the three of them are already collaborating in shenanigans. For instance, Aunt Kristin gave Christopher some cheerios in a "spill-proof" cup, Catherine immediately taught him how to foil the spill-proof lid and shake the cheerios all about, and everyone reaped the benefits.
Now we have a lovely long weekend for everyone to get settled in. I wish the weather was going to be nicer so we could spend some time outside, but it looks like cold drizzliness for several days. That means shopping cart races are in our future...
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment