Thursday, December 29, 2011

Catching Up Is Hard To Do

Even with Michael and I both off work this week I can't seem to get caught up on everything I should probably be caught up on (laundry and cleaning and pictures and blogs and work and banking... I think I even had it in my head at one point to send a Christmas card). So our first Christmas celebration was a week ago today, and I'm just getting the pictures up. You weren't tired of Christmas yet, were you?

Kristin, Brian and Christopher were only able to be with us last Thursday and Friday, so we had the cousins' Christmas Thursday evening. We decided not to do any gift exchange among the adults this year, and it was a lot of fun to watch the kids open their gifts!

Kali was there. She made sure it was documented by sticking her nose to my camera lens every time she walked by. It's a very cute nose, so I don't mind.


She recruited Grampy T to help her beat the tape and ribbon more quickly.


It's super fun to watch Mary open presents because she thinks everything is the best thing ever.



Michael Jr really got into the opening this year. He wanted to help open everyone's presents. He didn't want to keep everyone's presents, he just wanted to do the opening. But when he started to realize that the opening often resulted in fun things like cars and books, he became even more determined.


He's becoming a very serious reader.


And an even more serious car driver.



Catherine had to be the one to hand out the gifts, and tried to save all of hers for last so she could open them all at the same time (sound like anyone we know, GiGi?). She was good at playing St. Nick, but she had fun opening as well. Especially the sparkly gifts.


Christopher's favorite gift was a pair of "kongs" all his very own. Kristin and Brian were pretty glad to see that theirs won't be disappearing from the kitchen anymore.


Michael drives cars, Christopher cooks them. Different strokes, I guess.


It was a quick visit, but it's always fun when all the cousins get together.

1 comment:

Great Grandma Rennier said...

I had to smile at that comment about Catherine saving her gifts til the last and opening them all at once. She learns well from GiGi. Way to go, Catherine.