Saturday, July 14, 2012

Scissors are for Cutting Grass

I think the kids are ready to start their first business: lawn care. They will spend hours cutting the grass with scissors.


Do I need to add the disclaimer that I neither thought up nor encouraged this activity? I firmly believe the kids should be learning to contribute to our daily family life with age-appropriate chores, but I try not to give them tasks that are impossible to complete. Although with the state of our (unwatered) grass clover, they probably could finish the whole front yard without much trouble.

Michael can use his signature phrase for their business slogan: "Need your grass cut? Michael Do It!"


Mary did help with the grass cutting as well, but she is more easily distracted. She ran inside to get a purse and then was watching Michael and Catherine work when I called her name, and this is how she spun around. Mom, was I ever like this? The girl watches zero TV; where does she get this?


I'm confused by both where she got her posture/attitude and where she got her eyes.


Luckily for all of us, what she chose to put in her purse were these: My Golden Children's Bible and Baby's First Book of Prayers (she made a specific request for this photo with her two favorite books).



1 comment:

Great Grandma Rennier said...

They could go in business with their great grandpa. He LOVES to cut grass more than anything in the world.