They were super pleased when they got the cave dug out deep enough to crawl in and turn around. They might have spent quite a bit of time over the next couple weeks (well after the snow had melted) pretending to be foxes.
Agnes did not enjoy the snow as much as the boys. Actually she did not enjoy it even a little. She refused to walk in her snow boots so I just put her normal shoes on her since I didn't think she would be out long, and I had to put this hood back on her head at least 30 times in 10 minutes.
She didn't like the ground feeling as though it was slipping out under her feet, but eventually took the risk of sticking her toe into the snow.
Not impressed. I took her back inside shortly after.
Isn't this a lovely picture of Catherine? It's because she's a lovely person. Nearly a teenager. I'm not sure how we got so lucky as to have such a fantastic nearly-teenager in the house.
We failed to have sleds ready for the snow and by the time I popped into a couple stores looking for some they were sold out everywhere, but enough neighborhood kids had packed down a path in the park that the kids were able to slide right down on their coats. Agnes, upon her own insistence, was cozied up in a wrap under my coat and took no interest in the sliding.







No comments:
Post a Comment