Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October 2020: Poems, Acorns, and Other Fall Stuff

This is a totally random barrage of photos and videos from October. Our garden is quite a bit more spectacular in the Spring than in the Fall, but we do have a few trees that bring nice color in October, like this Dogwood with the morning sun on it.


I asked Catherine to paint me a Stella Maris (Mary Star of the Sea) card so I could send it to Aunt Kristin, and she produced this watercolor in short order. I took a picture of the original to have a card printed, then framed and hung the original. With a few artists in the house now I don't think we'll ever have to purchase any more wall art!
I love when Catherine sends me selfies of a sleeping Agnes so I know I don't have to worry about how they're doing.


I also love this kind of selfie.


When the covid thing hit in March we all distanced from the great-grandparents for a bit because in general kids spread lots of germs and great-grandparents are more susceptible to those illnesses. While the latter turned out to be true for this virus, the former did not at all, so when Mamo got tired of not seeing the kids we were happy to visit with them again.


More selfies!




I don't know where this deer came from, but Agnes HAD to have it in the car that day. 


In this video Agnes shows off how she can count from one to six, and how she can do whatever she wants to her brothers with no repercussions.


This is Agnes's first poem recitation. Every morning all the kids start school together with poetry, and apparently Agnes has been listening. The poem is Ooey Gooey: "Ooey Gooey was a worm, a mighty worm was he. He stepped upon the railroad track. The train he did not see. Ooey Gooey."


The park up the street from us had a huge pile of mulch sitting near the sidewalk for a couple weeks. Michael Jr couldn't resist ramping a bike over it. I think the landing was a little more than he had expected.


We were playing with our old neighbors at the park and a few of the kids started collecting acorns to throw at each other. Somehow they switched directions before anyone got hurt, and pooled their collections of acorn ammo into one giant acorn mass to send down the slides.


It turned out to be a rather entertaining sight and sound, and they did it dozens of times and had other kids from the playground as spectators.

The slo-mo version of the video. Caution: there is a lot of happy toddler screeching at the end.

No comments: