
Being mid-way through the first season during which I have attempted to maintain a small garden and semi-landscaped yard, I feel that I have a pretty accurate understanding of the term "growing like a weed," and I have no reservations in applying this colorful phrase to Catherine. She weighs a little over 19 pounds now, and I had to raise her walker up a notch yesterday. She is also pretty confident in sitting up by herself, although I try not to believe it so I still don't leave her sitting on the floor without pillows around her. I also think she may have been trying to figure out how to unbuckle herself from her car seat yesterday. We saw a 6-week-old baby while we were out walking the other day, and I honestly can't remember her being that small - it's hard to believe that babies double themselves in 6 months or less.
Daddy and Catherine decided on barley cereal and peaches for lunch yesterday and Catherine seemed pretty pleased with her decision about the peaches. Later I was eating a banana and she was trying to attack it the whole time, so I gave her a tiny little smushy piece of it and she crinkled her nose up at me and looked rather incredulous that I would give her something like that. I tried to tell her that bananas are a classic baby finger food so she should probably get used to them, but she just stuck her tongue out at me (with the piece of banana on it).
3 comments:
I love the black & white photo. A very artistic feel. You have to remember that Catherine is a Rennier, and we tend to grow and grow and grow.
I love the picture! Most beautiful baby in the world!
Picture approval from a photographer! Now Michael can't tell me I've never taken a good picture of anything (although it did take 24 shots for me to get this one).
Post a Comment