There is no doubt that Catherine is getting stronger and finding her balance better. I think when she is sitting up on her own and then she falls over, it's mostly on purpose, or at least she knows it is going to happen but she doesn't care. She also keeps trying to sit up on her own when I leave her on her back on the floor, which isn't a great idea because she gets her head up a few inches and then she gets tired and drops it back onto the floor none too gently - extra blanket under her head now.
Catherine hasn't had any new foods in the last couple days, but after three tries at bananas I'm not entirely sure she likes them. She doesn't spit them out (at least not any more than she spits out all her food), but she makes a confused sour face and her head and upper body do a hilarious little shudder with almost every bite.
I don't know if you can tell in any of the pictures, but Catherine's hair is starting to grow back in! It's much much lighter than her original newborn hair, but not quite blond. She's also started to add a few new consonants to her babbling: she definitely has the "d" sound figured out (everything she sees is "dada" right now) and she's also started experimenting with a "t" and maybe a "k" and "h". My favorite is when she incorporates blowing spit-bubbles into her babbling like it's part of the language, which she does often.
There were going to be two play-time videos in this post, but it's taking much too long for them to finish uploading to YouTube, so I'll add them when they're done, which may be tommorow (sorry).
OK - here's the first one. I'll put the second one up in the morning:
Video #2:
No comments:
Post a Comment