They both had fun on the train ride in their own way: Catherine insisted that someone hold her in a bear hug/human seatbelt fashion the entire time, and Mary kept insisting I let go of her while she was standing on the seat looking out the window.
We had bagels for breakfast at Grand Central Station when we arrived. After that I almost couldn't get Mary out of the station because she was having so much fun looking at the bubbles and horses and fish on the ceiling. Then she was completely amazed when she saw a man playing guitar and asked, "Mom, is that the singing place?!" She could have spent the whole day at Grand Central.
While Aunt Kristin and family went to mass, D-ma, Grandpa T, the kids and I walked down to Bryant Park. I've honestly only ever seen it full of tents on Project Runway, and I have to say, it's much more beautiful sans Fashion Week. Catherine and Mary rode the carousel...
rode on some porch swings with D-ma...
and played in the fountain.
Grandpa T was the designated baby carrier for the city trip. As is his custom when snuggled into the carrier, Michael spent most of the time sleeping.
But he did perk up and look around now and then.
Catherine and Mary had a great time watching the city. Mary particularly liked the yellow taxis and the numerous buses, as well as all the pigeons (what they're looking at here).
Catherine liked skipping down the street with D-ma and all the tall buildings.
D-Ma and Grandpa T had to leave Sunday afternoon to make it to the beginning of their week-long sailboat adventure. The kids and I got to hang out with Kristin, Brian and Christopher one more day, and had a last hurrah at the pink-and-purple park Monday morning before we had to load up the car for the drive home.
The drive back took a bit longer than the drive out, due to a few extra stops and the fact that baby Michael was not too impressed to find himself back in his car seat for any length of time, but we made it! It's back to our normal routine this week, then next week Daddy heads out to California. Although we did ok the last time he was out of town, I decided to take most of the week off work this time to make it a little easier on me and the kids, and hopefully the weather will be nice so we can squeeze in some end-of-summer trips to the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment