It has been down in the 40s here the last couple nights, but Sunday afternoon was clear and sunny and at least in the 70s so we stole a quick trip to the beach. The tide was way out and had left a sizable pool on the beach where the girls decided to play instead of going all the way to the ocean, which was fine with me: the water is much warmer and there are no waves to knock Mary over.
They each had at least a gallon of sand in their bathing suits after they discovered this fun game.
More attempts at a silhouette. I do not know why I can't get that right.
Chasing little fish in the pool - they were extremely quick.
We also had a great hermit crab rescue. I think Catherine and Mary collected every hermit crab in the pool, probably about 20 in all, in their sand buckets and walked them back to the ocean and tossed them in (literally). I'm pretty sure they all recovered from the shock and scuttled off.
I'm giving summer ending two thumbs down.
No comments:
Post a Comment