[Long side note: Many years ago when Michael and I were much younger, we would go to music concerts whenever someone good came through town. Unfortunately something about standing for a long time in a hot crowd with bass beating through the floor and lights flashing on the stage consistently messed with my brain to the point that, after fainting at three or four shows in a row, we decided I should really only attend concerts in which we could afford to purchase actual seats where I could sit down if necessary. Several years later I discovered early pregnancy had a similar effect on me. Luckily a good diet shift seems to have alleviated my low blood pressure symptoms; I haven't actually fainted since I was pregnant with Mary. But walking into a dark, loud bowling alley with laser lights flashing around did bring back a flash of unpleasant memories of the specific wooziness that I now recognize as a warning to find a seat and fast. So at first my fainting PTSD made me feel like everything was fuzzy and blurry and constantly swirling.
But then I was fine and (loud, flashing) fun was had by all. End side note.]
The bumpers were up and the ball ramps were out and all the kids had plenty of time to bowl to their hearts' content. See Kali's little hip kick there? There might have been a bit of dancing as well.
Gussie did enjoy pushing some bowling balls down the ramp, but he spent most of his time running around trying to stomp the moving lights on the floor.
After exhausting themselves bowling, there were princess cupcakes and lots of presents.
Aunt Mel wanted a picture of all the kids in attendance, but I'm pretty sure this is not all of them. Gussie refused to let go of my leg and I think a couple others had already escaped to the game room.
Thanks for letting us celebrate with you - happy birthday, Kali!










No comments:
Post a Comment