Tuesday, June 14, 2022

June 2022: City Garden

(Editor's note: Yes, I'm trying to catch up on the blog again. Yes, this post is from more than a year ago. No, I'm not sure I'll actually catch up this time.)

We love quick trips down to City Garden in the summer. Even though the coffee shop there remains closed, we can still stop by Bailey's for a little ice cream shake and then make out way to the splash pad.



Agnes preferred to finish her ice cream than play in the water, but the giant pop jets convinced some other kids and she joined in eventually.






I think we like the shallow wading pool even more than the pop jets.


There are always lots of splashing fights and races over the rock path.






Ok, yes, the boys could totally use haircuts. But could they do this with short hair? 




I don't know what Gussie is doing here, but he thought it was hilarious.


He's been practicing the art of some particular sword (katana, maybe?) and thought a shallow pool was a good place to exhibit some skills. Sans sword.



Agnes sneaked over and played under the waterfall for a minute before one of the lifeguards saw her and chased her out (apparently there are lights with cords under the water by the wall so the kids aren't supposed to play there). I'm pretty sure she thought it was worth it.

No comments: