Tuesday, June 21, 2022

June 2022: Michigan Trip - Mission Point Lighthouse

At some point, we got some food. These are only in here because Agnes was so impressed with her sunglasses. And because I love selfies with Catherine.




Oh, and because the brothers are just having core competitions at the table while waiting for their food.

It was cool and very windy way out on Mission Point - the kids were all glad they had sweaters and hoodies. The lighthouse wasn't super tall but you still had to climb a ladder through a narrow hole to get in the top part, and Olivia got the job of making sure Agnes made it. You could only fit a few people at the top at a time.




Aunt Sunny and Uncle Chris were enjoying the water view from the lawn. My camera got passed around a lot between Edie, Gussie, and Catherine, so I'm not 100% sure who took a lot of these pictures.




After exploring inside the lighthouse, there were places to walk down the beach and nice trails through the forest.


We started on the beach. Agnes was cold in the wind so I carried her - it kept us both warm.



Mary stood a while and marveled at how often one sees Gussie perched on a rock.





Michigan has great skies!


We made our way back to the car via a meandering forest trail. I guess most of our party opted for the shorter route. I was surprised at not seeing Michael Jr in any of these pictures, but I vaguely remember buying him a knee brace on this trip - I think he jarred his knee (remember the pictures of him flying down a sand dune) and wasn't up for extra walking. No worries - he was fine in a day or two.

This is how Edie takes walks in the forest. 


Yes, Mary pointed out that Gussie was perched on a rock again.


There were lots of fun birds to see.


And Gussie walked off with my camera.



Then he gave it back and tried to race his sister to the end.



But they got distracted by a trail offshoot.


I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love my teenagers.



No comments: