Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Boring Videos

Michael says all the videos I take are boring. So he doesn't have to read this post.

Michael Jr is running the gamut this week: he has super smiley times, super chill times, and super fussy times. Today, I worked for almost two hours standing in front of my computer (made possible by sitting it on top of the piano) with Michael in the baby bjorn because it was the only way he would do anything but cry. Anyone volunteering a shoulder rub?

But he's so darn cute when he's smiling, and he smiles at almost anyone now; his subjects in this picture are his daddy and big sister.


As noted previously, he also spends a lot of time looking in his musical mirror, and he now seems to enjoy blowing raspberries at himself as well. His sisters love the raspberries - Michael is so drooly that the raspberries often create cascades of spit bubbles down his chin, which they find hilarious.



Catherine and Mary are spending a lot of time on their bikes still. Mary is capable of moving pretty well on the tricycle now (including steering) but she often gets distracted by her surroundings, at which times I'm pretty sure a crawling baby could beat her in a race.



At the end of that video I tell her she is pretty speedy and she says, "I not speedy, I Mary!" This is something she does a lot right now. Any time you describe her with any adjective, she insists that she is not that thing, but that she is Mary. And if you don't agree it escalates very quickly.

The girls still constantly write and sing songs. Here is Mary's "Wellow Ball":



See if you can pick out the words in this one:



Lyrics: The mean octopus dump garbage on the cinderella (a synopsis of a dora video about a mean octopus dumping garbage on a mermaid kingdom princess, but "cinderella" is Mary's word for all princesses).

Mary has the idea for this one and starts off with the line "Jesus God singing" but Catherine really takes it to a new level.



Catherine's Lyrics:

Jesus God is a real person
And he sings and runs
He's a good man
Doesn't do anything wrong

1 comment:

Great Grandma Rennier said...

Tell Michael these post are certainly NOT boring. They are how I keep up with my great grandchildren and get to know them better. They are our main source of entertainment. (O.K., Michael go ahead and call us old folks.) This blog today is especially good. I love each picture and video. The girls are amazing with their songwriting abilities. One other thing, sometimes I just sit at the computer and laugh. That's always a good thing. Thank you, Amber, for doing this for us.