Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Need A Big Puf!

We started off the day with a couple hours at the beach this morning, but I don't have any pictures because I'm not sure I can handle the stress (or responsibility) of taking my good camera to the beach. I'm a nerd, and in my head it goes something like this: sand + water + salt + wind + sand + kids + camera = unconscionable risk for the camera. Maybe someday, if I discover a waterproof casing for the camera. Until then you have to use your imagination.

Catherine and Mary both love going in the water, and with the super flat beach and near zero waves, it's pretty much perfect for them. I went in up to about my knees today to splash around with them. I had Michael in the baby carrier, which will forever be my excuse for not going in any further. It has nothing to do with the fact that my legs were alternately stinging and numb because the water was so cold.

After the beach we did some chores, mainly once again rotating clothes in the closet to remove everything that fit last week and is now 2 inches too short. I've almost given up in storing Catherine's clothes - it seems easier to just move them straight to Mary's closet because she'll be in them before too long anyway.

We also did some watering and weeding in the garden. At least there was a breeze outside today, so it was nicer to be there than in the sauna. The garden is slowly coming into bloom - the girls shared the first two sugar snap peas today, the grape tomatoes are popping out everywhere and should soon be turning red, we had our first round of green beans with dinner last night, a zucchini or two need to be picked, and the first round of raspberries is starting to ripen. The weather this spring and early summer has been much kinder to the garden than last year, although some little critter that apparently was not around last year is snapping all the flowers off my squash plants.

Catherine claimed that at some point yesterday I promised her we'd go to the park today (totally possible, although I don't recall it specifically) so we made a quick trip there before dinner. Catherine and Mary spent almost the entire time on the swings like normal. I think they both really like to feel the breeze in their hair, what with all the swinging and biking and running and beach trips. And of course they always want to swing higher, asking for bigger and bigger pushes. Except Mary is still putting a lot of F's where F's don't belong, so when she asks for a push it's more like, "I need a bigger puf Mama! Puf me! I need you a puf me! Pleeeeeease will you puf me?"





Although Mary isn't against taking a break for a quiet moment now and then.


No comments: