We rounded out the last of Catherine's fourth birthday celebrations last night with four of Catherine's friends and their families. Seven kids and a scooter in the house make for an interesting evening and they, of course, had a lot of fun. There was a lot of running, a game involving a mean butler turned nice, a few princess dresses, pizza, my first attempt at homemade toasted ravioli, ice cream cones, and lovely gifts (Catherine wore her new pink cords today, used her new markers in her new connect-the-dots book, located and sharpened all her pencils so she could put them in her new "special" pencil bag, and had me help her find and mark all the family birthdays on her new wall calendar).
What there wasn't at this little gathering was a camera. I took no picutres. Zero. It was partly because it was after dark and I knew I would have to use the flash, partly because it was the end of a long day and Michael Jr wasn't that interested in me cooking let alone foolishly occupying my hands with my camera, and partly because I just wanted to watch the kids (not through the viewfinder). I'm a tiny bit disappointed that I don't have any pictures of Catherine's face when I stuck four 12-inch-long pink candles in the top of her ice cream cone and lit them, but we can always do that again, just for fun. She probably needs the practice anyway - it took her five tries to blow out the four candles.
Many thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate. I think Catherine is already counting down to when she turns five (she has a calendar now - she can do that).
No comments:
Post a Comment