Monday, December 22, 2014

Baby Wearing

If there's one thing I wish I would have know about/been good at from baby #1, it would be baby wearing and knowing the myriad options for comfortable carriers. The kids are now used to seeing me wearing the little babies for a large percentage of the day, and Catherine and Mary have been itching to wear Teresia. So when she fell asleep while Mary was walking around with her the other day I carefully arranged the ring sling around her. I had to help rearrange Teresia's head a couple times, but Mary carried her for almost an hour. It made for one happy big sister and one happy baby.


It also made for one jealous big sister, so Catherine was determined to have Teresia fall asleep on her for her afternoon nap. She managed to make it work, and of course I was happy to get out the ring sling and go about other tasks while these two happy sisters had some quality time.


Then Gussie wanted in on the baby wearing. I'm not that desperate for free hands, but he kept insisting he was big enough so I helped him put his baby in the sling so he could take care of her and be a worker man at the same time. He took his job very seriously. 


Of course, with Dema and Grampy T here, the baby wearing devices are mostly getting a rest.




1 comment:

Ann said...

I love the one with your dad! How sweet!