Sleep smiles are the best.
I think the reason people like posing babies in baskets and things is to make sure you realize how tiny they are, because Teresia is not big but it's hard to tell in a lot of these!
She was 7 pounds even and 19 inches long at birth. Our midwife stopped by yesterday and Teresia weighed 7lbs 4oz, so if she lost any weight after birth she has already recovered it and then some. She's happy about that.
Yes, she still spends a lot of time sleeping. This is generally my view when I'm working at the computer and she's sleeping in my lap.
I love her dark hair and tiny little dark eyelashes. And furry shoulders.
Catherine worked very hard to knit those little pants for Teresia, and she finished them almost entirely on her own. I showed her the pattern and helped her get started, then she finished them on the sly after bedtime so they would be a surprise for me. She was expecting to give them to Teresia for Christmas, but when she came so early Catherine was worried they wouldn't fit by Christmas so we opened them early. She has been desperate to get some pictures of her baby sister in them!
(Please ignore the fact that Catherine looks entirely like the mom in this picture.)
One more? Ok, good.
And a candid shot. Hello, bright eyes! (I don't have a lot of awake picture of Teresia so far, of course because she sleeps a lot, but also because she had a bout of newborn conjunctivitis in one eye that really only cleared up today.)
My next goal is to get all the kids to cooperate at the same time so I have a photo of all five. It's probably going to take several attempts over several days.








No comments:
Post a Comment